The MidContinent GPA Midstream provides scholarships each year to help support students of local universities that are sincerely interested in the Midstream Industry. These scholarships are granted to further potential and possibility for the future of gas processing. Funding each scholarship is made possible by chapter sponsorships, donations and fundraisers such as the annual golf tournament and sporting clay events. The scholarship program is aimed at juniors and seniors within the engineering departments at our regional universities such as Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology.
Requirements for Eligible Applicants:
- The student is or will be attending an ABET accredited university.
- The student is pursuing a degree in a technical discipline.
The student has a high likelihood of working in the midstream industry upon graduation. Some factors might include:
- Students that have field experience with or have interned for midstream companies
- Students that have parents or close relatives that work for MCGPA Midstream member companies
- The student will be entering his/her junior or senior year.
- The student will have a minimum GPA required for university graduation.
MCGPA Midstream will award up to two $5,000 scholarships annually provided there are qualified candidates. Interested candidates or those wanting to nominate a candidate can contact members of the Scholarship Committee.
Each year the MidContinent Midstream chapter provides scholarships to students of local universities. The donated funds are derived by chapter fundraisers, such as golf tournaments, sporting clay events and matching contributions (up to $5,000) by the Gas Processors Suppliers Association (GPSA).